This week i have decided to do something different and introduce my love for baking. Ever since i was little i remember baking with my mum and to this day i still use the same baking book which was my great grandmothers. I add my own touch to the recipes and today i am sharing one of my most requested cupcakes. Every time i bake i always have to make a few batches as my family and my boyfriends family absolutely love them. All photos above are my own cakes which i baked this week. So today i am introducing you to my...
Chocolate Cupcakes with a Peanut Butter Frosting with a Peanut Butter Cup! If you are not a fan of Peanut Butter then i will also give you some alternative options.
6oz (175g) Self Raising Flour
6oz (175g) Caster Sugar
6oz (175g) Butter
1 & half Tsp baking powder
1 Tbsp Milk
2 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
Peanut Butter Frosting
(6oz) 175g Butter
(7oz) 220g Icing Sugar
2 Tbsp Smooth Peanut Butter
Added Extra: Reese's Peanut Butter Cup or Chocolate Flakes
If you would prefer Chocolate Frosting replace the Peanut Butter with 2 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
Now Time To Bake
- Mix all cake ingridients apart from Cocoa Powder together until smooth.
- Add the Cocoa Powder and slowly fold into the mixture until mixture is fully chocolate coated.
- For best cake results spoon mixture in using an ice cream scooper. I usually use muffin cases but you can use normal cupcake cases.
- Mixture can fill between 12-18 cupcakes depending on case size.
- Fill cases 3 quarters full.
- Cook at Gas Mark 4 for 30 minutes. I turn the tray around half way through to ensure cakes are even coloured all over.
- Whilst cakes are cooking mix the Icing Sugar and Butter together until smooth. Then add the Peanut Butter and mix well.
- Once cakes are cool pipe the icing on using a nozzle of your choice.
- For extra decoration add the Reese's Peanut Butter Cups or Chocolate Sprinkles/Flakes.
As i said these are my most requested cupcakes and they are super yummy! I am thinking of introducing baking posts as a more regular thing to my blog as i do bake on a weekly basis. I also have recipes for Marshmallow Cupcakes, Cookie Dough Cupcakes, Death by Chocolate & More!